Saturday, January 28, 2012

To Select or To Not Select, That's the Question - Revisited

Last month, you might remember that I wrote a post debating the merits of getting involved in Amazon's Kindle Select program. I hemmed and hawed about it, but eventually fell victim to a sense of "missing out." So, I pulled my book from B&N and Smashwords (which had, combined, generates <10 sales over the last 3 months) and enrolled it into the Select program. On Saturday, January 28th, I'll be taking advantage of the program's biggest draw; the ability to sell my book for free. I get 5 days out of 90 to do so and I'm testing the waters with a single day this weekend. If you've considered buying my book in th epast, well...now is your chance. No buyer's remorse here. Heck, you don't even have to read it! Just picking up the freebie will help me out immensely. As always, it can be found here on the Amazon US site (it will be free on all Amazon sites, though, so those in the UK, Germany, France, Italy, and Spain will have a fair shot as well). Obviously, the hope is that the "sale" of freebies will propel the book into the upper rankings and result in added real sales when it comes off of free. That's the hope. ;) So, spread the word and pick up a freebie. If you like it, the sequel isn't too far away. After my free run, I'll probably gather some numbers and report on my take on the process next week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment