Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Same Six Questions - Borislava Borissova

Welcome to a special weekend edition of The Same Six Questions! I've got a pretty straightforward process for keeping track of interviewees, but I never said it was flawless. ;) Welcome today, Borislava Borissova!


The Same Six Questions


1. Have you published a book yet?


Affairs of The Heart is my second published book (also in paperback). It comprises two novellas, the contemporary love drama "The Last Secrets of The Ancient Island" and the historical love drama "A Love In Time of War”. In the two love-dramas lives all passion I have for history and adventures, time-traveling and thrillers, mysteries and great love.

In "The Last Secrets of The Ancient Island," a series of mishaps in an old town casts suspicion on a number of residents. Provoking changes in an adopted practice of the underground world to put hands on the worthy relics, a young graduate of a university proves the last mysteries of ancient sights in the nearby National Park are yet unexplored by historians and archaeologists. Facing professional adventure he comes along personal secret of his older brother, along whom appears an unknown driver, who has a tragic motivation to take his and another life. We were born alone, we die alone, but life is our chance to live in love. If we don’t lose the chance, if know why love is the most desired legend in our life.

In "A Love In Time of War” first they faced the war… the love followed later. Peace was somewhere in between. One day he could have killed her on the other side of the front, on the next day he fell in love and what would happen in the day after it? All efforts to remain enemies appeared to be in vain. The borderline between their ability to hate or to love appeared a thin one. Differences abound in cultures, religions, languages, traditions and so on but a young Bulgarian girl and a Turkish officer met many more obstacles to overcome. Kidnapping her or escaping together provoking political scandal between the warring countries? His life had become like a Byron’s passionate poem and he entered in it madly and bravely. The war became past, the past became history and through the years only love is still alive in a very beautiful tale to remember.


2. When did you know you wanted to be a writer?

In my childhood I started with verses. I still love poetry, love interesting stories and legends, adventures that take us through the ages and help us to experience countless earthly and celestial places. I hope I am good telling them to others. But when the last sentence is written; the pages are wrapped with beautiful covers in warm colors… I have a strange feeling. There is a sense of sadness because the journey with these heroes and their story is over.


3. What was your first lengthy piece of fiction (say, >1000 words)? What was it about? When did you write it? Do you still have it?

You could not believe me but it is published already, my first book. I wrote it since my young years and in 2010 The Starlight Prince walked along humans on the planet Earth. Of course, the final version of the story is very different from what I had started long time ago.


4. When was your first indication, "I can do this (write)"?

I have never lived with the thought “I can do this.” In my case it is always the sense “I need to write, I want to write.” Unfortunately there are still moments when I ask myself "to write or not to write"; "to start a new book or never start a new book"... But I believe that when one loves to do something - to climb mountains, to play a game of soccer or to write - he or she just does it because of the pleasure and despite the result. Of course, there is a thought about success in everyone.


5. If you could meet one of your characters in real life, which would it be?

Once I saw a Russian play at a theatre. Its playwright claimed there is a tunnel, a gap in the time and it is there that the writers meet their characters. That evening I thought I would like to meet my characters in real life if it was possible. I would love having them among my friends. I am thankful to my imagination because it had created them. They have been my very friendly company during the long and sometimes boring hours of writing.


6. It's a dark and stormy night...you're alone in the house...there's a knock at the door...you open it, look out, and proceed to scream like a little girl/boy (they kinda scream the same anyway). What's on the doorstep?


I smile, it is very similar to a scene from The Starlight Prince:

Being outside on the threshold The Starlight Prince did not hear the scream going from inside nor saw at that moment that a small bell over the grand door of the castle started moving slightly, its pendulum swaying to and fro while simultaneously, a similar but larger bell over the heavy door of the nearby family burial vault began swaying along with it as if measuring time, too.

The starry boy had an ear only for the ominous voice of the storm, the gale and the wind. He stared into the steadily falling snowflakes to pick out who opened the door but nothing was visible. Harassed by the blizzard, he bravely entered into it as the greatest adventure of his young life to seek a help or to face menace from the habitants. Once inside, his scared shadow snaked over the walls.

He found no one.

Why and how he heard the scream was a mystery. There was no sign of life, except the fact that everything was in perfect order.

In that moment, the bell above the vault turned round its axis and darkness crept out around it. Some intangible steps led out.

___________________________________

Thanks so much for sharing with us, Borislava! For more of Borislava and her work, be sure to check out her Web site, Facebook page, Twitter page, and Goodreads profile.

Thanks for stopping by! See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment