Monday, January 23, 2012

The Same Six Questions - Keith Weaver

Hi there! Time for another round of The Same Six Questions! Welcome aboard, Keith Weaver!

Thank you, Andy. I was born in the small town of Erie, IL. I now live in Bettendorf, IA with my wife of 10 years, Stephanie. We have two wonderful boys; Keaton is six and Hudson is four. Besides reading and writing, I love to watch movies, listen to music and sports. Being a college athlete, I still love to play basketball and train in MMA for fun. On Sundays, you can bet I’m watching a lot of football.

The Same Six Questions

1. Have you published a book yet?

Yes, I self published The Nefarious: Prince of Shadow right after college with no real knowledge of what to do; just wanted to see my name in print. Eight years later, I’ve redone my work and re-edited and now have my first eBook on the market.

2. When did you know you wanted to be a writer?

I guess the first time I realized I wanted to be a writer was in college. I’ve always loved books, but took a real interest in writing in college, gave me a good release to pass time. I also took a Mystery Novel class where we read, discussed and wrote our own stories. That might have been my favorite course in college of all things.

3. What was your first lengthy piece of fiction? What was it about? When did you write it? Do you still have it?

My first real full length fiction was my current book, The Nefarious. It started out as a way for me to pass the time in Biology class in college, I am ashamed to say. I would write a couple of pages every class. It’s about a supernatural being that haunts the people of a castle hotel. Its original inspiration comes from the 1995 horror fest Castle Freak with Jeffrey Combs. In an attempt to be original, though, I went with my own ideas.

4. When was your first indication, "I can do this (write)"?

I was always good in school at writing, whether it be book reports, journals or essays. I’ve always had a creative mind and been able to put that to words, drawing no, but writing yes. I see the same thing in my oldest son; he had the best story in Kindergarten last year for Young Writer’s week. Plus, my roommate and Mother got a hold of my notebook and saw my story, and thought it was good and that I should really make something of it.

5. If you could meet one of your characters in real life, which would it be?

I would definitely like to meet Prince Nefarious, before he became evil. For one, I would have to time travel back to the 1600’s, which would be a trip. But also to warn him of the misfortunes that may be coming his way and to get an idea of what made the man so mad.

6. It's a dark and stormy night...you're alone in the house...there's a knock at the door...you open it, look out, and proceed to scream like a little girl. What's on the doorstep?

Doc Brown from Back to the Future! I’ve seen what happens in those movies every time he shows up. I would be worried that he was going to take me to the future to see what I’ve become, or take me back in time and make me relive it all again. I’m looking forward to writing my own future with the people I have in my life.

__________________________________

Thanks so much for sharing with us, Keith! For more of Keith and his writing, be sure to check out his Web site and Twitter page.

Don't forget to swing back on Thursday when my guest will be Eileen Granfors. See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment