Happy Thursday Everyone! Welcome (back) to another edition of The Same Six Questions! Today, my guest is multi-genre author Cecilia Gray!
Hello Andy! I live in San Francisco. I'm obsessed with food and the apocalypse. And being able to find food during an apocalypse.
The Same Six Questions
1. Have you published a book yet?
Totally! Make that two books.
In Falling, Alexis is an adventure athlete who loses her competitive mojo after a bad breakup. But after she falls for a sexy, cursed immortal with the same taste for danger she used to have, she needs to rediscover her mojo to break his curse.
A Delightful Arrangement is a historical romance novella about two betrothed friends who start to see each other as so much more.
2. When did you know you wanted to be a writer?
Like a lot of writers, I always wrote. I don't remember not wanting to be a writer. My teen diary is filled with angst over the only way I'd ever be happy is if I became a writer.
3. What was your first lengthy piece of fiction (say, >1000 words)? What was it about? When did you write it? Do you still have it?
I wrote a pretty spectacular hot mess of fiction when I was in the fourth grade about a group of teens who land on a booby-trapped island and have to fight their way through an underwater system of quickly-flooding caves to survive and find the treasure. Yes, it's eerily similar to The Goonies. I've since thrown it away but that gem lives on in my mind.
4. When was your first indication, "I can do this (write)"?
I'm still waiting for that one. You let me know where to find it.
5. If you could meet one of your characters in real life, which would it be?
Laurie is a hot, redheaded witch in my Fallen Idols series. She's sassy, brilliant and always get what she wants.
6. It's a dark and stormy night...you're alone in the house...there's a knock at the door...you open it, look out, and proceed to scream like a little girl. What's on the doorstep?
My friends. I'm excited to see them whenever I see them because it means a good time is around the corner.
Thanks so much for sharing with us, Cecilia! For more of Cecilia and her writing, check out her website and Facebook page.
On Monday, my guest will be author Mike Fontenot! See you then!