Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Same Six Questions - Lisa Scott

Today, please give a warm welcome to author Lisa Scott!

Hello Andy! I'm a former TV news anchor who now works as a voice actor. I live in upstate NY with my hubby and kids, dog, cat, and koi fish. I love gardening, hate running, and tolerate the clutter on my kitchen counter that never goes away. I giggle to myself as I write my sweet, funny romances, and that always feels a bit embarrassing. At least I've got one fan: me.

Thanks for that, Lisa! Now, it’s time for...The Same Six Questions. Take it away!

1. Have you published a book yet?

I'm a bit of a newbie, having just joined the indie game in May. I've released a romantic novella, Spouse Hunting, and a collection of romantic short stories, Flirts! 5 Romantic Short Stories. Fun, flirty, sweet and sassy—always with the perfect happy ending. Each story is 8,000 to 11,000 words in length, 53,000 words total. Stories include: The Hot Girl's Friend, Wrong Place, Right Guy, Not You, Desperately Seeking Cupid, and Never Been Dumped. I also have an agent, and we're out on submission with a middle grade novel.

2. When did you know you wanted to be a writer?

Probably in middle school. I used to write these funny short stories about a character named Norton who always got into sticky situations, followed up by a goofy moral. My English teacher let me read them to the class, and I loved knowing the kids enjoyed my stories (or perhaps they just enjoyed postponing the English lesson for a few moments).

3. What was your first lengthy piece of fiction (say, >1000words)? What was it about? When did you write it? Do you still have it?

We had to write a personal humor essay in high school. I wrote about a doomed vacation with my family—think National Lampoon. I do still have it, and chuckle at my obscene overuse of adjectives and adverbs. But I had a lot of fun writing it.


4. When was your first indication, "I can do this(write)"?

In college. I was an English/Communication dual major. I loved my creative writing class so much, I asked professor/author Mick Cochrane if I could do a creative writing independent study class with him. That really helped my skills and confidence.

5. If you could meet one of your characters in real life, which would it be?

Sure, make me pick a favorite child! Probably Jane from my short story, The Hot Girl's Friend, because she's got a wicked sense of humor.

6. It's a dark and stormy night...you're alone in the house...there's a knock at the door...you open it, look out, and proceed to scream like a little girl. What's on the doorstep?

My hairdo from the 80's. My mom told me it was big, but I just didn't believe her!

___________________________________

Fantastic, Lisa! Thanks so much for stopping by and good luck with getting that book deal!

For more of Lisa’s work, be sure to follow her on Twitter @ReadLisaScott and Facebook. All of Lisa’s work is available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Smashwords.

Be sure to stop by on Monday for our next installment of The Same Six Questions with author Paul Dayton!

No comments:

Post a Comment